Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How do you weigh yourself without scales?

I've kind of realised that right now what I'm really doing on here is trying to lay myself out (loooooooool barking up the wrong tree I am) so I can attempt to understand myself. So, here goes.

I've always wanted to be something more than what I am. Whenever I'm online on, iunno, mlia or just browsing I come across people that appear to be so much more than I am. For example, once someone posted about the fact that they're a cheerleader and a pro gamer. I was like wow, I like that, for the simple reason that you wouldn't (I don't think) expect a cheerleader to game. I like the whole idea of being more, or the opposite of what you appear. Now, I'd try to be like this girl and cheer and game except for the small problems that
  1. Cheer leading isn't something that's really done here, so no way that's going to happen
  2. I can count the number of times I've used an xbox, ps3, any kind of gaming console, on both hands
  3. I suck.
  4. Once again I'd be being unoriginal - I'm so darn slick.
When I realise that stuff like this just isn't possible or even probable for me I wish that as a kid I'd been enrolled in some kind of class to give me some kind of skill/s. I can't play any instruments well (I can't read music, but my siblings and I used to play a couple of songs as a kind of family thing on the piano, I played recorder for a year or something when I was 8 or 9, and when I was 14 I payed for half of the cost of a years guitar lessons and stopped going due to lack of interest even though I reeeeally wanted to learn how to play), I can't sing, I have absolutely no interest in sports due to my lack of co-ordination, I can't do anything special with a computer, I'm not particularly great at anything academic.. I just don't really have any skills or talents. I even wish that as a kid we'd had a gaming console so I could at least be good at that!

I'd like to say that I'm confident with myself and my body, but I'd be lying. Whenever I go out in public (something I try to avoid as the sun is my arch nemesis) I give myself a pep talk somewhere along the lines of "Be confident, you're wearing clothes that express you! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!". It never works though. Someday it will :D I'll be all, "Oath, just chill bro. This is me. Only I have to like myself."


I am an ordinary person, with an ordinary life.
Some day that might change, but for now I just need to go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment